Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Ain't

Ain't
-
He was just a little boy,
on a week's first day.
Wandering home from Sunday School,
and dawdling on the way.
-
He scuffed his shoes into the grass;
he even found a caterpillar.
He found a fluffy milkweed pod,
and blew out all the "filler."
-
A bird's nest in a tree overhead,
so wisely placed up so high.
Was just another wonder,
that caught his eager eye.
-
A neighbor watched his zig zag course,
and hailed him from the lawn;
Asked him where he'd been that day
and what was going on.
-
"I've been to Bible School ,"
he said and turned a piece of sod.
He picked up a wiggly worm replying,
"I've learned a lot about God."
-
"M'm very fine way," the neighbor said,
"for a boy to spend his time."
"If you'll tell me where God is,
I'll give you a brand new dime."
-
Quick as a flash the answer came!
Nor was his accent faint.
"I'll give you a dollar, Mister,
if you can tell me where God ain't." :)
-
Author Unknown-

2 comments:

Jaileigh said...

What a lovely poem. I really enjoyed reading it. I found your blog on the Blogger's Choice Awards site. Ta for now dahling!

Jaileigh said...

Please come visit my blog if you'd like. http://cat-family.com/pinkjeweledcat