Here's how several elementary school students answered the following questions about moms:
Why did God make mothers?
* She's the only one who knows where the Scotch tape is.
* Mostly to clean the house.
* To help us out of there when we were getting born.
How did God make mothers?
* He used dirt, just like for the rest of us.
* Magic, plus superpowers and a lot of stirring.
* God made my mom just the same like he made me. He just used bigger parts.
What ingredients are mothers made of?
* God makes mothers out of clouds and angel hair and everything nice in the world … and one dab of mean.
* They had to get their start from men's bones. Then they mostly use string, I think.
Why did God give you your mother and not some other mom?
* We're related.
* God knew she likes me a lot more than other people's moms like me.