Thursday, June 7, 2007

God answering prayers...

I think it is so neat the way God answers our prayers without us even realizing it.

I have been praying for a while now for God to help me love someone again. It's a friend who I used to be very close with, but lately, this person has really been getting on my nerves and I have found it harder and harder to be around her. It's like she is always negative, is always yelling about something, always in a bad mood, and just isn't very easy to be around, even though I find myself around her a lot because of common commitments we both have. I find myself making excuses not to be around her....

I've been praying that God would help her find peace and not be so bitter and that He would help me to be more understanding and patient with her...

Anyway, last night, it dawned on me, that the last few times we have been together, she has been very calm, very friendly, and very nice! She didn't yell once... and we had a very nice time when we were together. As I was saying my prayers last night, I realized that God has been working in both of us! And what a great feeling that was!

I'm going to keep on praying for our friendship because it is very important to me....

1 comment:

Tammara Garland said...

Hi Bev,

I hadn't been here in a while and should have stopped by a long time ago! Your faith shared here across the Internet is a blessing!

This story really hits home for me presently as my sister needs the same prayers as your friend! Her past has left her very bitter and difficult to deal with. It's been a huge test of patience for me and my family, but like you with your friend our prayers for her have been sown and she is beginning to soften.

I'm agreeing with you in prayer about your friend, as I also remember my sister in continued prayer for her need to give up her bitterness and to look to her future and not to her past.

Whenever two or more are gathered in His name, He is there as promised! :-) Thanks again for sharing. God bless you too for doing so!