Monday, June 11, 2007

Tough To Swallow. . .

I receive KURT'S DAILY MUSE every day in my mail box and I thoroughly enjoy it. He always has very inspirational messages. I wanted to share this one with you.... a couple times lately, I have come across Matthew 10:29-31... I think God is sending me a message...

Over the weekend, we took some time to go to our hideaway in East Texas. As I went down to uncover our little boat, I noticed a series of bird droppings in one spot on the tarp, so I looked up. And there in the apex of the boathouse was a nest affixed to one of the planks. I was just about to get a long pole and take it down when "mom and dad" came home. As the two barn swallows arrived, four little peeping heads appeared over the edge of the nest. So I watched. Apparently, mom and dad didn't have enough for all four at once, so they'd fly off and come back in less than a minute until all were fed. Then, almost ritualistically, those little swallows would take turns hanging their rear ends over the nest and "depositing" a token of their appreciation on my boat cover!

At first, I could only think of myself and ridding the boathouse of any "pests." But then I wondered if there was a "win-win" situation I could come up with. So, I found a piece of plywood, laid it on the rafters right under their nest, and then listened to the symphonic sound of "plop, plop-plop, plop" after their evening meal. I was happy, they were happy, and my boat cover was spared any more grateful "offerings" of nature.

The real reason I didn't knock down their nest was a Scripture that popped into my mind as I observed their routine: "Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father's will. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows" (Mt. 10:29-31).

If I, being a sinful man, could even care about those little birds, imagine how much my heavenly Father cares for me? He knows my comings and goings. He numbers my very hairs. He even cleans up my "messes." Even though He has the right to rid the world of a "pest" like me, He came up with a solution. In Jesus Christ, He has made a "win-win" situation where a sinner can enjoy the fellowship and promise of eternal life with a holy God.

PRAISE THE LORD!

Have a wonderful day in the Lord, knowing that you are not a "pest" to our heavenly Father, but have been adopted as a child of God, inscribed with the blood of the Lamb, and sealed by the Spirit of Grace. And even though, much of what you do may be "for the birds," Jesus Christ has saved you, and made it so you are not..."tough to swallow."

P.S. I have been having Server problems, so if you don't receive KURT'S
DAILY MUSE by 8:00 AM (CST - USA) every weekday, you can view the latest one
at: www.StrattonRealtors.com
_____________________________
For your FREE subscription to KURT'S DAILY MUSE, send a blank email to:
KurtsDailyMuse-subscribe@bethesdadesigns.com
You must respond to the confirmation to be added.

No comments: